Daszkal Bolton has been providing audit and tax services to South Florida not-for-profit organizations for more than 20 years.
Additionally, we prepare not-for-profit financial statements in conformity with ASC 958, Not-for-Profit Entities. We understand the specific requirements under which not-for-profit organizations operate and the funding requirements to which they must adhere. We work with not-for-profit organizations that receive federal and state funding ranging from $1 million to $200 million dollars.
Our firm has provided attestation services, single audits, financial and employee benefit audits, and tax services to a wide variety of not-for-profit entities.
A sampling of our current not-for-profit clients in South Florida include:
- Family Central, Inc.
- Caridad Center, Inc.
- Israel Cancer Association (USA), Corp
- George Snow Scholarship Fund
- Ronald McDonald House Charities South Florida
- Office Depot Foundation, Inc.
- Institute for the Commercialization of Public Research
- Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
- Gases and Welding Distributors Association
- League of American Voters, Inc.
Our not-for-profit practice is comprised with professionals who have been working in this specialty for many years. In addition to providing services to many organizations, our professionals have served as board members for a variety of local not-for-profit organizations, which means we appreciate what is required for effective oversight.
Not-for-profit organizations face a host of special issues in the areas of recent tax regulations and current and emerging accounting, auditing and reporting standards. We have a thorough understanding of ASC 958: Not-for-Profit Entities and can ensure that your organization’s management and board of directors meet these complex responsibilities. In addition, our familiarity with Government Auditing Standards will ensure that you meet the audit requirements for not-for-profit organizations that receive state and federal funds.
Daszkal Bolton currently represents many not-for-profit organizations as qualified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
The professionals performing services for not-for-profits routinely concentrate their practices within all facets of services to this industry including but not limited to:
- Financial statement audits and reviews prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Government Auditing Standards, including audits and reviews of organizations adhering to the guidance provided by ASC 958: Not-for-Profit Entities
- Financial statement compilations
- Financial statement audits of employee benefit plan
- Attestation engagements involving internal controls related to the financial statements and compliance with laws, regulations, and the provisions of contracts or grant agreements, noncompliance which could have a material effect on the financial statements in accordance with Government Auditing Standards
Compliance audits of federally-funded assistance agreements and negotiated contracts, including student financial assistance programs as well as all engagements involving internal control related to major programs and an opinion (or disclaimer of opinion) on compliance with laws, regulations, and the provisions of contracts or grant agreements that could have a direct and material effect on each major program in accordance with the Single Audit Act Amendments of 1996, the Florida Single Audit Act and OMB Circular A 133, Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations.